Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dear Lord! I'm healthy!

Apparently sleeping really, really late yesterday morning and then taking it easy for the rest of the day, including a nice late date with my husband (we saw Watchmen!), did wonders. I still have a bit of the cough but I FEEL normal again. Woohoo! First time in a week!

Paxton has been fighting naps hardcore, and I'd let him go napless except he still really needs them. Honestly, the harder he fights the more tired he is. Today he woke up at 7, which would be great except it was daylight savings so that was actually an hour earlier than normal for him. He was angry and whiney and just being hard all morning. We expected that today so it wasn't an issue, but man did he need a nap. He was so tired! And he fought it so hard. I had to literally hold him down on the bed until he fell asleep. I've had to do that a couple times this week, for the first time since last summer probably. I hate it :( I know some kids feel safer restrained and I think that's what it is with him since the second I try to pull away he'll yank me right back and try to get me to hold him down. I just wish he wouldn't cry if that was what he wanted though. Hopefully he'll be back to falling asleep peacefully soon. Right now I'm just glad he's asleep at all.

Looking forward to Sunday night dinner at my parents and seeing Renata for the first time in awhile. I can't wait to play bridge! I get such an adrenaline rush with cards. I'm a major geek :)

No comments: