Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I want to live like this forever...

He slept well. He woke up happy. He tickled my foot to wake me and giggled. He clapped his hands for joy. All I heard was laughter.

He was an angel all morning. A true "dream child" as my mother puts it.

He sat through storytime and listened. I got to hug him and tell him how proud I was and as soon as I said it it was like his face exploded into a pure ray of sunshine. I don't recall the last time I've seen him so happy.

I finally got to buy him a couple books I've been wanting to pick up. This was the first time in weeks we didn't leave the bookstore with me scolding him for something or other, usually after a ton of warnings. He was so happy and proud, carrying his books so carefully through the store, down the escalator, through the store again, through the check out line and then placing them on the counter, then waiting to put them in my bag.

He played well with other kids. He didn't through a fit about playing in the indoor playground and instead listened, had fun, was nice, and didn't run off.

He went potty when asked, brushed his teeth, ate everything I put in front of him, said please thank you, and I'm sorry the one random time he hit me. Then he put himself down for a nap in his own bed.

He's been peacefully slumbering for 3 hours now. I don't want to wake him.

Best part? In about 3 hours or so I'm going out with Renata, just to cap off a great day with dinner out and a movie at my best friend's house, while Paxton gets his "daddy and me" evening.

I'm so happy I could cry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't you wish these kind of days were the norm!