Friday, April 3, 2009

Updating while there's some brain in here

Uuuuugh... I'm actually getting used to the "up a couple times at night" thing. But I'm still going to complain :)

I contacted someone about renting a hospital grade. If she doesn't get back to me by late morning I may just drive over to a hospital and do it there. I'm making a teensy bit more every day, but by teensy I mean very miniscule. Like it's a difference of "just under and ounce per day" to "just over an ounce per day." I'd rather be making, you know, ounces and ounces and freezing them. I think the "making drops and pouring them down the sink" routine is getting to me a bit. Not in a huge way, but I'm not sure I could do weeks and weeks of hooking myself up to the pump, readjusting constantly, then pouring the tiny bit I'm getting down the drain because it's not even close to enough to store.

*****

Nik bought me a new video game and Paxton approves :) Last night when I said goodnight he said "oh, mommy's gonna go play her new game again!" I asked him if this was a good thing or a bad thing. He told me "is a happy thing!" then gave me a big smile. At least I have his blessing! It's Rune Factory Frontier, which is kind of a mash up of a fantasy RPG and Harvest Moon (the most kid friendly, relaxing game) with a bit of the vibe of Steambot Chronicles. There are some monsters to fight here, which is new to HM games, but keeps me a bit more interested y'know? And they're only in specific areas so I can hand Pax the controls and watch him row a boat or run around fields or the beach. He likes going "really, really fast runnin'!"

*****

My parents are out of town this weekend. I need to get over there and care for their pets today, tomorrow and Sunday. I'm cool with that, but it still stinks that this means Nik and I can't go out Saturday night (prolly next week) and my parents won't be there for Sunday dinner. We still invited Renata over to their house though and we'll use Paxton as our 4th Hearts player. That should be interesting! My guess is he'll tell us everything in his hand then through them up in the air and clap.

*****

I planted a tiny little garden right before a few days of rainfall. These poor plants are giong to have to figure out how to grow and survive on their own. I kill everything botanical so I'm hoping that if I just weed every now and then and maybe prune a little that maybe they can handle the rest on their own. Lord knows if I try to water them they'll probabily just keel over. If they grow at all that is!

*****

Also the lawnmower broke. And it was borrowed too! I must admit I like the rustic look of our yard, but the neighbors might not be so poetic about our yard.

*****

K, breakfast time! I've been adding to it this year. It used to be just plain nofat yogurt with granola. Now it's a fancy granola cereal and I've added both milled flax and fenugreek to the mix. The fenugreek is new and it's going to take some getting used to! I still like my sweet and sour crunchy gooey breakfast though :)

No comments: