Monday, June 1, 2009

Just a quick post

Seriously, I'm going to try to make this quick, and thus, bullet points! Or, um, dashy points or whatever...

-TMI: Up to 1.5 oz a session! That's about 10 oz a day! My first goal is 12 oz a day so hopefully I'll reach that soon. I'd like to be making double that though, so we'll see.
-Starting to get frustrated with the domestic adoption process. Just want to see some movement like NOW! It was so much easier being on a waitlist with a timeframe, knowing who was next and who wasn't. I really thought we'd be matched and placed by now but I guess that wasn't the plan. And Pax probably needed a few more months of being an only anyway. But now it's starting to feel less like we're waiting for the next chapter of our family and more like we're actually lacking someone, a real person, our next family member. Like we actually miss them. Even Paxton asks where BB is and when he/she will be coming home. I feel guilty about that :(
-Paxton requires force to go to sleep. And perseverance. And determination. And patience. Let's pray he gets over that by the time BB is here because man, you ain't sleeping once a baby is here if this is what it takes...
-Nik has been sick lately, which really, really sucks for all of us.
-We now have no more tall pines (did I blog about this already?) and a huge muddy yard.
-I lost weight and am pleased. Am now about 40lbs lighter than I was at college graduation, but still 35 lbs higher than I was upon entering college. If my weight gain during college shocks you, please take into consideration that I graduated in 3 years, which I guess makes it more shocking. There are just so many good restaurants in Chapel Hill! I almost wish I knew how much weight I'd gained during the wait for Paxton. I really ballooned up and as soon as we had him in our arms we both started to lose weight. Literally. We came back from Ethiopia and people were shocked. Now I wish I knew how much dropped from my frame in the past 18 months without even trying.
-Am watching a couple of dramas on MySoju.com. Recently finished up a Japanese Dorama, now seeing a Korean one with Renata and a Taiwanese one with Nik. Perhaps I'll watch a Hong Kong one next. I hear Nicholas Tse is in a few and he is soooooo pretty!
-I've been thinking about putting together a children's book. I have several ideas but I was thinking about making one about the wait for a sibling, something simple and easy to understand, and also easy to expound upon. I figure I could word it both simply and carefully such that it could be used for the wait to adopt, wait due to infertility, or even just a normal wait to conceive and birth. I'm thinking of using rabbits and having "Benny Bunny" be the main character, though I suppose I should look that up and make sure there aren't a million "Benny Bunny" books out there! Now let's see how long it takes before I give this up as well :)

No comments: