Monday, November 2, 2009

Life is hard sometimes...

Despite the joyousness of being a family of 4, we're really struggling with P lately. Trying to get help from available resources. He's tough, tougher than most kids. Not the hardest child I've ever come into contact with, but still rough. And today I'm just feeling overwhelmed and alone.

It's all so situational. In some situations he's a "normal kid." We even get compliments on his demeanor. In others, he's a royal terror. I know that fear seems to drive most of it, if not all of it. But he won't admit when he's scared. And I'm just so tired of my own hypervigilence watching him, my own micromanaging.

Hopefully we'll be receiving help soon. It's not awful, he's not awful, but this behavior needs to stop, like, yesterday.

At least he's an awesome big brother. Above and beyond all else P loves A and will stop everything to take care of him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Megan. I saw your FB update this morning but didn't have time to comment then. I know you are working to get P what he needs. It's hard, and I'm sorry. It will get better though. I wish I had better words!

Micka said...

hang in there mama. you are in our prayers.