Wednesday, May 25, 2011

On the Lighter Side...

Today we decided to all out embrace Summer and do something outside of the norm for us. I packed up the boys and headed off to a Kids/Science museum the next town over. It's half an hour away, but they're both old enough to really enjoy it now so I figured we could buy a membership and enjoy it through the summer, plus some vacations and weekends during the rest of the year.

On the way out P kept trying to ask me questions. While we love his inquisitive nature, after several minutes of "how do trees grow?" and "what's inside hair?" and "what bugs eat poop?" you find yourself a bit brain dead. I instructed him that I was unfamiliar with the journey there so I'd have to pay extra attention to the road this time and he couldn't use me as a human encyclopedia at the moment. As if he would listen.

"Mommy?"

"Yes P?"

"What would happen if you had 16 babies?"

"Hehe, well then I guess I'd be a Duggar!"

"Huh?"

"Nevermind, it was a silly joke."

"I know what would happen!"

"What?"

"If you had 16 babies you'd need 16 boobs!"

"...!!"

"And then your whole body would be covered in breastes!"

"..."

"I say breastes. I don't say gooses because it's really geese. But I say breastes."

"...."

Yeah, um.... yeah.

A minute later...

"Mommy?"

"Yes P?"

"Cars don't have bums."

"Uh, no, no they don't have bums."

"But they do have faces! And look how happy they all are!"

And then like another minute later.

"Mommy?"

"What is it?"

"Do you like penises?"

"...uhhhh... I.... I don't even know how to answer that one."

"Come on mommy, do you? Do you like penises?"

"I.... I mean, a penis is something you need, and you have it, and I'm glad that you have something you need, so in that sense then yes?"

"I don't like penises."

"Oh..."

"But I KNOW you like penises!"

"I'm done talking now."

Yeah, so that was the drive over. And yes, I was laughing, once I got over the fear that no matter what I said I would be scarring my child for life.

We bought the membership and spent a whole 7 hours there, skipping naps and eating junky overpriced food from their shop. It was fun and we totally plan to do it again in a couple weeks.

The right home was hard as I'm not used to rush hour, and both of the kids were off. P had a tantrum while I was cooking dinner but the poor thing was yawning and rubbing his eyes so it's not like I could really blame him at all. Dinner was eggs, veggie sausage, milk, water and a plate of peach slices, strawberries and blueberries. Needed to try to get something a little healthier into them before bed!

Nik took A again tonight, while was nice for all of us. And I got to cuddle my sweet P until he was asleep, which didn't take long at all. There's nothing better than watching your child fall asleep with a smile on his face :)

Here's hoping the rest of the summer is all in the same vein!

No comments: