Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Wow. Wow, the year is gone. All I'd wanted to accomplish in 2009 was, well, accomplished. And that was the adoption :) I'm not sure what the plan is for 2010. I think just "survive and enjoy my boys" will be this year's goal, with 2011 perhaps being adoption #3.

Today I slept till 8:30, after handling A's fussy phase from 4:30 to 5:30, then feeding and handing him off at 6:30. A's sleeping better and better and I think the fussy phase was probably a result of a nighttime poop that Nik discovered this morning. Poor guy! It's such a rare occurence and he was a bit fussy but didn't cry or anything, and no stink. But he survived. P slept only till 5am today but woke up happy and awake and that's all that really matters. Life is good :)

We're now all hanging out downstairs in the family room. Nik and Paxton are playing with trains on the floor, Ambrose is napping after an uber long nursing session, and I'm surfing the net. It's a calm, pleasant morning, the norm for our weekends now. It's a good day. We're happy :)

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. To recap the year? To look forward to the next year? To wax poetic about this current day of transition from one year to the next? Not a clue.

But I would like to get down in writing that right now, at this very moment, I'm feeling very hopeful. Hopeful that the boys will only continue to grow up well. Hopeful that preschool, which starts Tuesday, will prove to be great for Paxton. Hopeful that Ambrose will keep growing big and strong and that this next year will see him becoming a small child. Hopeful that Nik will feel fulfilled this year. Hopeful that I'll continue to see great friends, meet great friends, and enjoy my life both with and without my family. Hopeful that we'll have a fun year full of growth and new experiences as we have our first baby in the family to mark swift changes. Just hopeful for a good, blessed year. And hope for all of my friends to be equally blessed. For the friends in flux to find their place, for the friends waiting for their newest child to have them home soon, for the friends looking for meaning to find it. And economic recovery. That would be good too.

K, I obviously haven't had enough coffee today. I'm not going to do some searches to see if I can find anyplace open and maybe go there and drink coffee. Or maybe I'll take a shower. Or something. Or coffee. More coffee? I need the wakings.

Happy New Year y'all!

No comments: